Slow In Spiritual Growth
8. See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.
Be aware that human philosophy and erroneous religious tradition are contrary to Christ. Do not be deceived.
(Colossians 2: 18-23)
18. Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions.
19. He has lost connection with the Head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.
20. Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules:
21."Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"?
22. These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings.
23. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
Hold fast to Christ and honor Him to please the Father. Be wise in evaluating "spiritual experiences," knowing that they are not to produce pride or elitism. Know the importance of commitment to a local church and of submission to righteous spiritual authority.
(Colossians 3: 18-22)
18. Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
19. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
20. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
21. Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.
22. Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.
Submit to God's ordained order in the home, church, and workplace.
Many believers are slowed in their spiritual growth for lack of wisdom. Sometimes teaching that stymies spiritual growth is enthusiastically endorsed because believers do not know the Scriptures. We should heed Paul's warning against listening to people who pander to the flesh, rather than edifying in the truth.
Scripture: The NIV Bible
Devotional Notes: The New King James Version Bible
Blessings, Love and Prayers,