The Legend of The Christmas Poinsettia
A charming story is told of Pepita, a poor Mexican girl who had no gift to present the Christ Child at Christmas Eve Services.
As Pepita walked slowly to the chapel with her cousin Pedro, her heart was filled with sadness rather than joy.
"I am sure, Pepita, that even the most humble gift, if given in love, will be acceptable in His eyes," said Pedro consolingly.
Not knowing what else to do, Pepita knelt by the roadside and gathered a handful of common weeds, fashioning them into a small bouquet.
Looking at the scraggly bunch of weeds, she felt more saddened and embarrassed than ever by the humbleness of her offering. She fought back a tear as she entered the small
As she approached the alter, she remembered Pedro's kind words: "Even the most humble gift, if given in love, will be acceptable in His
eyes." She felt her spirit lift as she knelt to lay the bouquet at the foot of the nativity scene.
Suddenly, the bouquet of weeds burst into blooms of brilliant red, and all who saw them were certain that they had witnessed a Christmas
miracle right before their eyes.
From that day on, the bright red flowers were known as the Flores de Noche Buena, or Flowers of the Holy Night, for they bloomed each year
during the Christmas season.
Commandments of Christmas
1. Thou shalt give thy heart to Christ. Let Him be at the top of thy Christmas list.
2. Thou shalt prepare thy soul for Christmas. Spend not so much on gifts that thy soul is forgotten.
3. Thou shalt not let Santa Claus replace Christ, thus robbing the day of its Spiritual reality.
4. Thou shalt not burden the shop girl, the mailman, and the merchant with complaints and demands.
5. Thou shalt give thyself with thy gift. This will increase its value a hundred fold, and he who receives it shall
treasure it forever.
6. Thou shalt not value gifts received by their cost. Even the least expensive may signify Love, and that is more
priceless than silver and gold.
7. Thou shalt not neglect the needy. Share thy blessings with many who will go hungry and cold unless thou are generous.
8. Thou shalt not neglect thy Church. It's services highlight the true meaning of the season.
9. Thou shalt be as a little child ... But not until thou has become in spirit as a little one art thou ready to enter
into the Kingdom of Heaven.
10. Thou shall not forget to share your Joy, Peace and Love with those around you.
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this mail or
devotional page © 1996 through 2013 by Coffee With Pat, and/or their
Blessings, Love and Prayers,
Pastor Pat Aman
Also, please know that:
my God every time I remember you. In all my
prayers for all of you,
Philippians 1: 3-4
I end each message with "My Blessings, Love & Prayers," I
truly mean that, and I pray for each of you every morning
Click Here to Contact Pastor Pat
Devotion Written By: Pastor Pat Aman Book © 1996/2013
"Coffee With Pat Daily Devotionals"
Bible Verses: The New King James Bible
Devotional Notes: Dake's Annotated Reference Bible
Unless otherwise stated, all content on this site is © 2006 - 2013 by Coffee With Pat.
Please do not take any
of the graphics or written content without written permission.
for being kind and honest,
and for respecting copyright laws.
Please Click on Picture below to go to the Coffee With Pat Web-site
If you have been sent this devotional e-mail without your request, consent, or by error, please reply to this message by typing the word
unsubscribe, in the subject line.
"The Joy Of The Lord, Is Your Strength."
"A Merry Heart Does Good, Like Medicine, But A Broken Spirit Dries The Bones."
If you appreciate what Coffee With Pat is striving to do - and would like to contribute to God's Work, you can click on the
PayPal icon below to give an
online donation. Please donate whatever God leads you to give. You must click on the Donate button below.
We will send a Prayer Cloth - and a Free Bible to those who don't
Please understand, that we will send a Bible to an individual or two
Bibles to a couple. We cannot send multi-Bibles out to churches or groups, or organizations.
We will also send a Coffee With Pat cup to anyone who donates $35.00.
Please contact Coffee With Pat to request a CD/DVD packet with a special message from Pastor Pat, or to book Pastor Pat for
Dynamic, Spirit-Filled Revival, Women's Conventions or Crusades, in your church or area.
Email Pastor Pat
Unless otherwise stated, all content on this site is © 2006 - 2012 by Coffee With Pat.
Please do not take any of the graphics or written
content without written permission. Thank you for being kind and honest, and for respecting copyright laws.
All music on this site is for enjoyment
and evaluation purposes only.
No financial gains are being made from them.
They are © copyrighted to their respective companies and artists.